Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 7e
“Read OnlinePhysical Examination and Health Assessment, 7e
With an easy-to-read approach and unmatched learning resources, Physical Examination & Health Assessment, 7th Edition offers a clear, logical, and holistic approach to physical exams across the lifespan. A total of 1,200 illustrations, checklists of key exam steps, and practical insights ensure that you learn all the physical exam skills you need to know. Written by Carolyn Jarvis, an experienced educator and clinician, this gold standard in physical examination reflects what is going on in nursing today with coverage of emerging trends and the latest on evidence-based practice. It’s easy to see why this text is, far and away, #1 in this field!
- A clear, logical, and streamlined approach simplifies content and helps you learn to perform the complete health assessment:
makes learning easier.
- The conversational, easy-to-understand writing style
- A two-column format distinguishes normal findings from abnormal findings, and uses step-by-step photos to clarify examination techniques and expected findings.
- 1,200 full-color illustrations present anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings.
- Abnormal findings tables include more than 300 pathophysiology photos to help in recognizing, sorting, and describing abnormalities.
Comprehensive coverage reflects the realities of today’s nursing practice:
Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording provides examples of how to document assessment findings.
150 NEW normal and abnormal examination photos for the nose, mouth, throat, thorax, and pediatric assessment show findings that are unexpected or that require referral for follow-up care, with cultural diversity and developmental variations.
UPDATED evidence-based practice content is highlighted and reflects a focus on conducting the most effective, accurate examinations.
UPDATED case studies provide opportunities to apply your knowledge and develop your analytical skills.
Checklists for use in RN-to-BSN completion programs provide a refresher for seasoned nurses returning to the classroom.
A holistic approach to assessment accommodates the diverse types of patients that you will encounter in the real world:
Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle boxes enable patient teaching and health promotion while performing the health assessment,…
provide real-world clinical examples of specific patients and how to record assessment findings in the patient’s chart, using the SOAP format.
- Documentation and Critical Thinking sections
Incoming search terms: